Non NHS Services

Housing/Benefit Letters

Park Crescent Health Centre is committed to supporting our patients. All requests for letters for benefits, council or any other third parties, we will only complete with a formal request from the third party.

Please note all requests from the third party will require the patients formal consent.

We will only complete factual responses. We are not allowed to give an opinion. If in doubt we will refuse to complete the request and may issue a copy of medical records instead with your consent.

Be aware we charge for any requests and copies of records and requests can take up to 28 days.

Housing Applications

If you are requesting or appealing for a council home for health reasons, you do not need a doctor's letter.

The council will write to us, in confidence, if further information is required.

GPs receive frequent requests for medical letters and reports in support of hosing applications from a variety of sources - the local authority, housing associations, directly from patients from patients via citizens advice bureau. The arrangements for seeking GP reports and for payment vary from local authority area to local authority area, and even when clearly agreed are often not implemented by local authority staff. However all requests should come via the Housing Association and not the patient.

Information in support of an application based on health grounds should be supplied by the applicant using a form provided by the housing department and should not require any input from the GP/ practice.

Only if additional information is required should the Housing Department Medical Officer directly request it from the applicant's doctor, preferably using a standardised form, provided the patient/ guardian has given written consent. The medical officer should seek information which is only available to the GP, for example:

  • Diagnosis
  • Severity of the illness
  • Medication 

Private Work Fees

The NHS provides free health care for most people. Some services provided are not covered under our contract with the NHS and therefore attract private charges. 

Professional Charges for Non-NHS Work

Bus Pass Application - £15

Medication on Flight - £15

School/University letter - £15

Private Prescription -  £15

Housing Letter - £15, see below for further information in regards to this

Carer's Parking Permit form - £15

Short certificate of incapacity - £25

To Whom It May Concern/Statement of Fact Letter - £25

Occupational Health Report questionnaire (including Health Care) - £25

Childminder Health Form (OFSTED form) - £25

Sickness Insurance Medical Certificates (not Travel) - £25

Factual Information for Travel (Overseas) - from £30

Travel Cancellation Certificate - from £35

Private Medical Insurance Claim (eg: BUPA) - from £45

Accident/Sickness reports from records - from £50             


Reports We Do Not Charge For

Council tax exemption forms

DSA Student Finance forms


Medical Reports/Letters we are unable udertake or provide

VISA medicals – contact 

HGV/PSV driving medicals – contact 

Taxi Medicals - contact

Visa application medicals 

Letters of dispute i.e. to dispute parking ticket

Occupational Health Assessments including examination

Supporting letters for PIP/ESA – we can only provide a summary as the assessors will write to the surgery directly to provide information

Private sick certificates for employers

Fit to exercise/scuba dive/parachute etc.

Capacity Assessment from solicitor

Power of attorney


The fees charged are based on the British Medical Association (BMA) suggested scales and our reception staff will be happy to advise you about them. 

If you have a query concerning a private letter, then please email the details to the surgery and one of our Admin Team will be able to respond. Please note that we are not able to provide letters at short notice and requests may take up to 3 weeks to action.